Skip to content
Contact Us: 03-3724722 | 055-9781688 | [email protected]

Relocation to Israel

Michael Decker
Michael Decker

The process of entry to Israel or relocation to Israel is not necessarily easy. This article outlines some of the possibilities for ways to relocate to Israel in compliance with the legal requirements. Our immigration lawyers, with decades of shared experience, have represented numerous clients, helping them with their relocation to Israel.

Why Relocate to Israel?

There are multiple reasons why an individual or a company may seek relocation to Israel. Israel, well known as the startup nation, is home to a diverse, multicultural society as well as being the homeland of the Jewish people.

Relocation to Israel

Relocation by Aliyah:

For those who are Jewish, or of Jewish descent, the State of Israel offers pathways to do ‘aliya to Israel’ as long as one meets the legal requirements.

Alternative forms of Relocation:

For those who are not Jewish, or those who are Jewish and do not wish to immigrate via the aliyah process, the process of relocation to Israel will require them to obtain another visa. There are a number of visas allowing that are available, including:

  • B/1 Visa, for relocation of workers. Will allow for relocation of foreign workers to Israel.
  • B/2 Visa, a visitor visa also known as a tourist visa, is generally given for periods of 3 months, will not permit its recipient to work legally.
  • B/4 Visa, a volunteer visa, which does not permit the volunteer to work legally.
  • B/5 Visa, an investor visa, given to investors who are US citizens.
  • A/1 Visa, a visa for those who are Jewish and with to try living in Israel prior to aliya. Allows the recipient to work and to have an Israeli ID along with the benefits that allows for.
  • A/2 Visa, a student visa, permits its holder to study in Israel, but is not permitted to work.
  • A/3 Visa, a clergy visa, permits its holder to conduct clerical duties for their religious community in Israel.
  • A/4 Visa, is granted to the spouse or minor children of the holders of A/2 or A/3 visas.
  • A/5 Visa, a temporary resident visa that allows the recipient to work in Israel and to have an Israeli ID along with the social benefits that it makes available.

Application Process:

Relocation to Israel, especially for those who are doing so as part of a corporate relocation, or as foreign workers relocating, will usually require those relocating to apply via the Ministry of Interior. This bureaucratic process is not difficult but requires an attention to detail that will save time, cost and energy in the long run.

Our law firm has experienced relocation lawyers with an expertise in the various relevant areas of Israeli immigration law, corporate law and labor law, and will be happy to assist you with your application process in relocation to Israel.

More Information:

To begin with, for more information on immigration and relocation to Israel, see our law firm’s collection of articles on immigration to Israel.


If you have questions about relocation to Israel, or if you want more information on the mandatory paperwork, please contact us.

Contact Us

  • ✓ Valid number ✕ Invalid number
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Scroll To Top