Skip to content

Immigration to Israel

Foreign spouses of Israeli citizens or permanent residents

Introduction – Ways to obtain legal status in Israel for foreign spouses of Israeli citizens or permanent residents The following article is written by Michael Decker, an Israeli attorney specializing in immigration to Israel in the law offices of Cohen, Decker, Pex, Brosh. In it, he surveys the possible ways to obtain legal status for…

Read More

Can You Postpone IDF Service? Legal Answer

Many have left Israel to immigrate to other countries or to serve as diplomats of the State, bringing their children along with them or giving birth to them while living abroad. However, leaving Israel does not necessarily mean leaving behind your obligation to serve in its defense – an obligation that these children are still…

Read More

Re-applying for Israeli citizenship

Were your parents Israeli citizens? The children of people who were previously citizens of Israel, but have since revoked their citizenship are faced with a unique challenge when re-applying for Israeli citizenship. If you are not an Israeli citizen at present but were one as a child or had two Israeli parents, it is entirely…

Read More

The Demand for a Foreign Spouse to Leave Israel

When a couple in Israel file a Joint Life Application, the Ministry of Interior (Misrad Hapnim) clerks at the local Israeli immigration office, will often ask the foreign spouse to leave Israel before the case will be considered. The clerks at the immigration department will insist that they can then be re-invited back into Israel…

Read More

Visas for Performing Artists in Israel

Israel is one of the more popular and exciting Middle East countries for performing artists to come and perform in. The Israeli public is aware of the international cultural world outside of Israel and attends performances of foreign artists. However, in order to allow artists to use the country’s halls, arenas and stadiums, visitation permits,…

Read More

Tourist Visa Extension: Staying longer in Israel

There may be several reasons why a short trip to Israel may result in the need to stay for a longer period of time than the original Visa allows for. If this occurs, you must submit an application for a Tourist Visa Extension at the Ministry of Interior (Misrad Hapnim). At Cohen, Decker, Pex and…

Read More

Your right to Inquiry: Using the Freedom of Information Act in Israel

What is the Freedom of Information Act? The Freedom of Information Act (1998) states that every Israeli citizen, or foreign citizen with a legal issue in Israel, has the right to receive information from Israeli public corporations and public authorities. This allows for a transparent and democratic Government and ensures citizens can understand decisions that…

Read More

How can I work in Israel without making Aliyah?

The law firm of Cohen, Decker, Pex, Brosh specializes in immigration, visas, and Aliyah to Israel. As we help obtain Israeli work visas for foreign specialists, members of the general public often ask us “How can I, as a non-Jew, work in Israel”? In this article we will explain the laws and practical process involved…

Read More

Investors Visa in Israel for Americans – Important Information

The Investors Visa in Israel for US citizens as explained by Israeli Immigration Lawyer, Advocate Michael Decker. In order for an American investor to obtain the Israeli B-5 investor’s visa, they must invest in an economically viable Israeli business. The investor must possess ownership of at least 50% of the business or operative control of…

Read More
Scroll To Top