Skip to content
Contact Us: 03-3724722 | 055-9781688 | [email protected]

A\1 visa to Israel allows applicants eligible for Aliyah to work and study in Israel

Joshua Pex

Marce Ruth St. Rey

Party time in the heart, my beloved husband received his residence after so much time of battles and faith. Gratitude, God has blessed us with wonderful beings who have accompanied us, including a "precious angel" who touched our hearts, our excellent and fantastic lawyer: Maria Chernin Dekel, sweet and wonderful human being, who has guided us and stayed On our side. side in this intense legal transit whom we bless on every occasion. God bless you dear Maria, you have exceeded your professional duty by containing us and collaborating with us in hard times, very hard, for that we want to thank you publicly, you are unique!!!
We bless and thank the entire team at Decker Pex Tal Ofir Law Firm.

An A\1 visa allows foreign citizens who have the right to immigrate on the basis of the Law of Return to live, work, and study in Israel. This visa gives eligible persons the possibility of “trying out” life in Israel before committing to Aliyah and citizenship. The visa holder may later decide to acquire Israeli citizenship or receive permanent resident status in Israel. Israel has some of the best universities in their fields in the world, particularly considering the low tuition fee for students in Israeli universities. Foreign citizens may have the opportunity to undertake their studies in English. This is one of the reasons why many eligible students decide to study in Israel via an A\1 visa even if they do not want to immigrate to Israel.

Our law firm specializes in immigration and entry into Israel.
Attorney Joshua Pex will explain how to obtain a A\1 visa in order to study and reside in Israel.

Who is eligible for an A\1 visa?

Anyone entitled to immigrate to Israel under the Law of Return is entitled to receive A\1 visa. Unlike other student visas in Israel, which are awarded based on academic merit, the A\1 visa is limited to Jews or children / grandchildren of Jews who are entitled to citizenship in Israel under the Law of Return (1950). Eligibility for immigration is based on documents proving the applicant’s Jewish identity / heritage.

However, not every Jew or family member of a Jew is eligible for aliyah or to receive an A\1 visa. Applicants are required to present documents indicating that they do not pose a danger to Israel. These documents include their police record, and documentation regarding previous refusals of entry into Israel.

How to submit an application for an A\1 visa?

In order to receive the visa, the applicant must enter Israel as a visitor and apply to the Population and Immigration Bureau near their place of residence. Documents must be submitted proving that the applicant is Jewish and / or eligible for aliyah. The documents must be in a language the Bureau employee can read (English) or translated into such a language.

According to the Ministry of Interior procedure, the visa is initially issued for a period of up to 3 years. However, the A\1 visa can be renewed for up to 5 years in total. An A\1 visa holder may also receive an Inter-Visa (re-entry visa) for the duration of their stay in Israel.

What about those who want to stay in Israel after the visa expires without obtaining citizenship?

Many eligible immigrants are happy to stay and work in Israel for years, but do not want to go through the process of Aliyah to Israel.
For example, certain countries do not allow dual citizenship, and nationals of these countries do not want to give up their previous citizenship.
Previous holders of an A\1 visa may obtain an A\5 visa, a temporary resident status in Israel.

Contact us

Our offices in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv specialize in Aliyah to Israel, Israeli citizenship, immigration, work and study visas in Israel.
Consulting an expert lawyer will help ensure that you can receive an A\1 visa or any other Israeli visa your are entitled to.

A\1 visa to Israel

ייעוץ משפטי 03-3724722, 055-9781688 

רחוב עמל 37 פתח תקווה 4951337 ישראל, [email protected]

Contact Us

Scroll To Top