Turkish citizenship via an investment visa
Turkish law regarding acquisition of citizenship has recently been updated (as of 2017). Under the new regulations, foreign citizens who meet one of the requirements described below will be eligible for Turkish citizenship via an investment visa. They will be eligible for a visa for their family members as well.
Our law offices specialize in Israeli immigration law. If you are interested in obtaining Turkish citizenship, we can arrange the various procedures and represent you throughout the process. The process of obtaining Turkish citizenship has recently changed, and now offers more convenient conditions for a candidate seeking to acquire citizenship for himself and his family.
The investment visa
In recent years, Turkey has been beckoning to Israeli citizens, as well as Israeli Arabs and Palestinians. Turkey now offers a passport in exchange for various investments, and the candidate is entitled to choose which investment track suits them As explained below, each one of the investment-based options for obtaining citizenship requires a lower investment than previously. The following is a list of options for obtaining Turkish citizenship via investment.
- Option 1 – purchasing real estate (for a sum of at least $250,000, or the equivalent in Turkish lira). This is under the condition that the investment property will not be sold for 3 years after its purchase. The minimum purchase sum has recently been reduced from $1 million to $250,000.
- Option 2 – Depositing about 500,000 USD in cash (or an equivalent amount in Turkish lira) in a Turkish bank for a minimum of 3 years.
- Option 3 – Investment in fixed capital/property for a minimum of 500,000 USD (or an equivalent sum in Turkish lira). This investment must be approved by the Ministry of Industry and Technology.
- Option 4 – Investment in government bonds and notes, with the obligation to hold them for at least 3 years. This investment will undergo final approval by the Finance Ministry.
- Option 5 – Investment in real estate funds in Turkey, or purchasing shares in a venture capital investment fund, at a minimum price of about $500,000.
Via one of these investment options, it will be possible to obtain Turkish citizenship for yourselves and also for your family members (spouses and children up to and including 18 years of age). You can move forward with your chosen investment track, from the above list, as long as all the legal requirements are met.
How long does it take to obtain Turkish citizenship for all the family members?
The time to obtain Turkish citizenship and a Turkish passport for the principal candidate and their family is about 3-6 months. This is under the condition that all required documents are submitted and evaluated according to the law, and also that the investment is carried out properly and is approved in follow-up evaluation. The recent amendment to the law reduced this period even further: in 2019 the overall period for obtaining Turkish citizenship for the whole family was reduced to 60 days.
Turkish citizenship – we can help you obtain it via investment
Our offices offer their service regarding obtaining Turkish citizenship. We recommend that our clients acquire citizenship via an investment visa. Our firm has extensive experience in immigration law and focuses on understanding our clients’ needs. The program was first presented in 2017, and we can help you and your family to obtain this citizenship.
Advantages of Turkish citizenship as a second citizenship – why Turkey?
- A visa to 148 countries
- No minimum residency requirement
- The Turkish passport is good for 10 years and may be renewed for life
- Full assistance services for life, for family members as well
- Turkey permits dual citizenship.
- You can enjoy excellent weather all year round.
- Turkey invites businesspeople to open companies, factories, stores, and more.
- A friendly, welcoming place for foreigners
- Comprehensive pension plans
- Free education and refund of university tuition
- Turkey is expected to receive an entrance permit to 26 European Member states – the countries who have signed the Schengen Pact.
Our offices in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv can help you obtain Turkish citizenship via an investment visa. If you have questions on this issue, contact us at the telephone numbers below, or write to us by email, and we will be happy to be at your service.