Tel Aviv Divorce Lawyer
If you are looking for a Tel Aviv divorce lawyer, this article will share a few tips on how to choose the best lawyer for your situation.
The Israeli Ministry of Justice is the authority overseeing all matters of divorce and family law in the country.
It is important to note that family law is sensitive as it’s often dealing with personal, sometimes very contentious, issues. Furthermore, Israel is unique compared to many Western countries in that religious law governs many family issues. Thus, Israel has religious courts for recognized religions, rabbinical courts for Judaism, sharia courts for Islam, Christian courts for Christians, and Druze courts for Druze. There is also a secular family court. Thus, it’s important to be aware of this complexity, and sometimes we will find couples where the man wants to go through the rabbinical courts and the woman through secular courts, and it’s important to have a lawyer who is adept at navigating these sensitive issues.
Tips to Choose a Tel Aviv Divorce Lawyer
As Israeli has many lawyers, who are all free to practice their field of choice, it can be challenging to choose the best lawyer for your case. Here are a few tips we recommend when selecting a lawyer.
- Does your lawyer both specialize and have experience in the area you seek legal assistance? It’s important to choose a lawyer who is an expert in family law and divorce, as this will help ensure that your case will go smoothly and successfully
- Is your lawyer located in an area that is convenient for you? While you do not often need to meet with your lawyer in person, it is helpful if they have offices close to your home or work, which will be most convenient for you when you need to meet. Our law firm has offices in Jerusalem and close to Tel Aviv, and our lawyers go between these offices for the convenience of our clients.
- Can your lawyer communicate with you in a language that you are most comfortable speaking? As a country of immigrants, people in Israel speak many different languages, and it’s often easiest for clients if they can speak their language of preference. As a result, we offer services in English, Hebrew, Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish, and Dutch.
- Does your lawyer have the time to take on your case? Many times, lawyers will take on cases when they don’t have time for them. This means that your case won’t be addressed as quickly as you may like. It’s important to ask your lawyer about their availability so you can obtain services as quickly as possible.
- Is your lawyer clear about the costs involved? While costs can fluctuate based on the nature of the case and additional appeals and steps along the way, obtaining a clear answer about the expected cost can help align expectations.
Additional Articles on Family Law
At our law firm, we address all areas dealing with family and inheritance law. Our website provides numerous articles on issues ranging from making a prenuptial agreement, the dissolution of a marriage, spousal support, and more.
Advocate Anat Levi is a Tel Aviv divorce lawyer who specializes in family law. Please contact us if you would like assistance with your legal needs.