Skip to content
Contact Us: 03-3724722 | 055-9781688 | [email protected]

Israeli Foreign Worker Partner

Joshua Pex
Joshua Pex

Shaltiel Devorah

Mr. Joshua Pex is knowledgeable and Professional. I really appreciate his courteous and direct approach.

This article addresses an Israeli foreign worker partner (specifically an expert foreign worker) and whether this individual can receive a visa to Israel. Our law firm specializes in both immigration and corporate law, and we often help international companies bring expert foreign workers to the country.

Obtaining a Visa for an Israeli Expert Foreign Worker Partner

Israeli Foreign Worker PartnerIf an Israeli foreign worker’s partner is married to the expert worker, then the partner can be added to the B1 visa request, which is submitted to the Ministry of Interior, and may come to Israel.  However, Israel does not recognize common law marriage in these situations, thus if an Israeli foreign worker’s partner is not legally married and cannot provide a marriage certificate, they will not be granted a visa to accompany the expert foreign worker. This same regulation applies to the Israeli foreign worker’s children.  If the partner is legally married, then they and their children can accompany the foreign expert worker, but if they are not, the Ministry of Interior will not grant a visa to them.

Type of Visa for a Married Israeli Foreign Worker Partner

In the event the foreign expert worker and their partner are married, they (and their children) will be granted a year-long tourist visa (a B2 visa).  Also, the family members may receive a multi-entry visa.  However, the partner will not be issued a separate work visa.

Other Topics of Interest

We have numerous articles on our website related to foreign expert workers and B1 visas.  If you would like tips to get your B1 visa approved the first time, or if you want to know the difference between a local and foreign company that seek to bring an expert worker, as well as foreign company fee exemptions, exceeding the B1 five-year expert visa limit, what you need to know about CPA papers and the B1 application, and more, see the accompanying links.  We also discuss other issues related to B1 and other visas in our immigration to Israel category on our website.

Contact Us – Israeli Immigration Lawyers

If you seek assistance for an Israeli foreign worker partner, we would be happy to help you through the process.

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Scroll To Top