Dominican Citizenship by Investment (CBI)
The Commonwealth of Dominica consists of a number of sovereign islands in the area of the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean Sea. It gained its independence from Britain in 1978. A program for obtaining Dominican CBI was created in 1991.
The last most important amendments to the program were made in 2014, to include cash donations and real-estate investment. The processing times for citizenship applications currently range between three and four months.
Dominica is a parliamentary democracy, part of the British Commonwealth, and a full member of the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS).
The Main Benefits of Dominican Citizenship
- The Dominica passport enables access to almost 90 countries without a visa, or by receiving an early visa upon arrival.
- It enables living and doing business in the Caribbean islands.
- There are no external tax charges for new citizens.
- It entitles you to special rights and benefits in the UK and other British Commonwealth countries.
- Members of the applicant’s immediate family may be included in the application for citizenship.
- It may be obtained as a second citizenship, without the need to renounce prior Israeli citizenship.
- It is not necessary to reside in Dominica during the application or after obtaining citizenship.
The Process of Applying for Citizenship
The process starts by checking the applicant’s eligibility.
- Determining the type and area of investment in a development project that has been approved for the CBI program.
- Presenting a certificate that confirms that the applicant is in good health and does not suffer from any contagious diseases.
- Presenting a certificate that confirms lack of a criminal record.
- Filling out a special form.
- Most importantly, providing proof of the applicant’s original citizenship by presenting a valid passport.
After submitting the required documents, the application is processed immediately, providing that no documents are missing. Typically, it takes about 4 to 12 weeks to complete the full process; that is, no more than three months.
Costs of Obtaining Dominican Citizenship (in USD)
- For a single applicant: $109,250
- For an investor and their spouse: $164,000
- For an investor, their spouse, and one child: $193,000
** The amounts shown represent the minimum cost for people who meet the conditions set forth in the Dominica law, and only include government contributions, imposed inspection fees, and security inspection fees in Dominica. Additional expenses may also be required, thereby raising the overall cost.
For information or legal assistance regarding obtaining Dominican citizenship or any other citizenship, under the terms that are convenient to you and at a price that you can afford, all you have to do is contact our law firm, and one of our lawyers will be happy to get back to you and give you the legal advice that you need for the procedure that is relevant to your case.