Application to Extend Period for Submitting an Objection in Israel Inheritance Law

An application to extend period for submitting an objection in Israel on inheritance issues includes specific procedures, which will be addressed in this article.

Extend Period for Submitting an Objection in Israel

This Series of Posts

Cohen, Decker, Pex & Brosh law offices specialize in a variety of fields, including inheritance law in Israel.  This article is one in a series addressing different aspects of Israel inheritance law, based on the Hebrew instructions on the Ministry of Justice website under the Registrar of Inheritance Affairs.  To read more, see our collection of articles on inheritance issues.  You may also be interested in our article on requesting a delay for the execution of a will.

Application to Extend Period for Submitting an Objection in Israel

An application to extend the date for an objection may be submitted to the secretary at the registrar before the order itself is granted.  An order may be issued fourteen days after the date the request is published.  

In a request to extend the date, please include the reasons for extension and until when the extension is requested.  In the event that the applicant is represented by a lawyer, please attach a power of attorney.

The application must also include a payment confirmation for the fee “another application” (bakasha acheret).  The payment confirmation must be attached to the application, even if the payment was made online.  (See our articles discussing the various fees for inheritance issues and how to pay the fees.)  

How to Submit the Application

The application may be submitted by post, email, fax, or in the service box in the district dealing with the matter. Additionally the office of the Registrar of Inheritance Affairs in the district addressing the issue can also receive the application during office hours.


The Registrar of Inheritance Affairs has the authority to reject the request for extension or to accept the requested date.  The registrar is also permitted to determine the number of days for the extension, if given.

Contact Us

If you have questions about applying to extend period for submitting an objection in Israel, please contact us.

Advocate Michael Decker specializes in Israel inheritance law and would be happy to discuss this issue with you.

El Salvador Marriage

ייעוץ משפטי 03-3724722, 055-9781688 

רחוב עמל 37 פתח תקווה 4951337 ישראל,